Wednesday, April 5, 2017

SJW

What is a Social Justice Warrior(SJW)? As a Christian, do I even need to be concerned with that? How do I decide what social justice causes to support?

When I think of that term, I think of someone who wants social equality. Someone who has a list of grievances or agrees with other people who have a list of grievances they want remedied.

I'm not writing to say we should or shouldn't participate in SJW causes. What I am writing for is to discuss how should I, as a Christian, decide what SJW causes to support?

I ask myself, does it bring glory and honor to God? Does it point people to Him? What is the spirit and environment of the cause? Is it hostile to God? What is the fruit of the cause? Is it good fruit or bad fruit? Will the fulfillment of that cause bring people to God or will it turn people away from Him?  Are they angry? Do they operate out of hate or do they operate out of love and compassion?

I don't ask if it's hostile to religion because religion can be hostile to God. The Pharisees and Sadducees were very pious and religious but they were openly hostile to Jesus.

Jesus was an SJW. He challenged the established social order of His day but He did it to point people to God. To free people from the religious chains they were in. But He was more than that. He was a Spiritual Justice Warrior. He was more interested in the spiritual and your relationship with God. Because when you take care of the spiritual, the social justice causes will take care of themselves.

Does that mean I should be so spiritual that I'm of no earthly good and don't participate in earthly causes? No. I just know that when I take care of my relationship with God, everything else takes care of itself. He knows what I have need of. He knows if I'm getting the short end of the stick socially, economically or otherwise.

Be a Spiritual Justice Warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once comment has been reviewed and modified, it will be posted to the post. Thanks again!